GF Lasagna Florentine
- 12 brown rice or other gluten free lasagna noodles.
- 2-3 cups cooked shredded organic free range chicken breasts
- 2 cups organic non homogonized milk
- 1/2 cup grated organic (raw if possable) parmesan cheese(can use fresh shredded too!)
- 2tb Organic butter
- 2tb cornstarch or arrow root powder(the measurements arent so rigid just basically make a solution with a bit of your measured milk and the thickener of choice, then whisk it into your milk in a sauce pan with melted butter and thicken it)
- 10oz pkg organic chopped frozen spinach
- 2cups organic whole milk mozzarella cheese shredded
- basil, oregano, thyme, or bulk italian seasoning 1 tsp each or 1tbs italian seasoning
- 1tsp sea salt
- black cracked pepper to taste
1) Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare you noodles, some packages of brown rice noodles say no boiling nesc..BOIL the suckers unless you have 1hr 30plus minutes to wait for your lasagna to cook… cool noddles slightly if boiling.
2) prepare your sauce, heat most the milk and the butter til milk is hot and butter is melted but its not boiling, add a bit of the unused milk to the thickener, dissolve completely. Add to hot milk mixture, whisk and add cheese and some sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper, garlic is a good addtion too!
3) thaw and drain spinnach in a dish towel(Iwring mine out in the towell really well) place in bowl break up with clean hands and add chicken, mozzarella, and herbs.
4)Mix chicken mixture well, ladel one small ladel full of sauce into a 13×9 casserole pan and layer 6 noodles overlapping if needed. Add half the chicken mixture and half the sauce.
5) REPEAT layers til out of ingerdients ending with chicken mixture on top. Top with extra 1/4 to 1/2 cup cheese cover and bake 30 min uncovere and bake 30 more min if using cooked noodles, cover 1hr and uncover and bake 30more min or until noodles are done if using uncooked rice noodles.
6) Remove from Oven and let sit for 10min if you can wait that long! Slice and serve with gf french bread and a nice ice cold green salad with you fave gf italian dressing!