- 12-14 GF corn tortillas
- 4 cups leftover cooked chicken breasts – or turkey
- 12 ounces green chilies, choose your heat – can be canned or fresh
- garlic to taste
- salt to taste
- 2 cup shredded cheese, we prefer jack
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup organic sour cream
- 1 cup fresh organic salsa
- 3 tbs gf corn starch
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Shred cooked chicken. Put in fry pan that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray, add garlic, cook until garlic is nicely browned, add chiles, cook until liquid is almost gone.
- While cooking chicken and chiles, in 8 cup glass measure put chicken stock and cornstarch, stir until cornstarch is dissolved. Cook in sauce pan for 3 minutes, stir, cook in 3 minute increments stirring well after each time until thickened, add sour cream and salsa.
- Spray large casserole pan, put thin layer of sauce on bottom, top with 6 corn tortillas, tearing in half to fit in pan well. Top with more sauce, 1/2 the chicken mixture then shredded cheese, then last six corn tortillas, rest of the sauce, rest of chicken mixture and more cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until cheese is melted and done the way you like it (we like it to start getting a little browned on top). Remove from oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes, cut and serve with dollops of sour cream or greek yogurt.